Monday, October 21, 2019

Definitely Worth Repeating!

I first wrote this post on December 11, 2017 to help someone very dear to me deal with the devastating symptoms of depression. I believed then as I do now that by sharing difficult stories of my life gives others the opportunity to learn that they are not alone and if I could overcome debilitating conditions, they certainly could too.  Unfortunately we've been taught that speaking about unmentionables such as mental illness is not appropriate and would be better to suffer in silence than expose ourselves to humiliation and isolation. Because of this societal practice today's young people are choosing suicide instead of seeking help. If they had only known that their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors, friends, etc. might have suffered in the same way, perhaps these bright lights would not have been prematurely extinguished.

I urge all of you that read my post today to share it with your family and friends. Have the courage to add your own experiences to mine so together we can offer the much needed support that can literally save lives...we must start this conversation NOW!

https://grammysgangbooks.blogspot.com/2017/12/clinical-depression-what-does-that-mean.html

Blessings and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment