Friday, September 28, 2012

GRAMMY'S GANG + 1

In April, 2013 Grammy's Gang will become 7 instead of 6!  That's right everybody, baby #7 is on its way thanks to the efforts of Kristy and Todd.  I couldn't be happier; being blessed with another child is the greatest gift anyone can be given.  All of my six grandchildren are healthy, happy and have the potential to change the world.  I know #7 will be no different.

Forty years ago I would never have imagined the kind of family I now enjoy.  When Joy and Barry were babies, I had a hard time seeing myself someday as the mother of 8 and 9 year olds. Yet, not only was I that mother, but was then pregnant with Kristy.  Those child-rearing years were tough. There were many, many happy times; there were probably as many stressful, conflicting times as well.  There were days when I loved those kids to death; there were days when I was ready to kill them.  Of course I speak figuratively here, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Despite all the highs and lows and everything in between, my three children grew to be healthy and happy, and realized their potential as they became responsible, productive adults.  Though their techniques may be different, I know they will continue to raise their children to reach for success, use their talents to better themselves, and take active measures to make their world better.

As you might surmise, I am definitely proud of my children and grandchildren.  I believe family to be the most important aspect of everyone's existence. Unfortunately it takes we humans so long to realize this truth.  Most of our adult lives are spent pursuing careers, fortunes, and power.  If only we could see that being a parent is the greatest of careers; if only we could see our children as the greatest fortune we could ever hope to discover; if only we could see the great power we have in the kind of productive adults are children become, perhaps we would be blessed with a peace of mind and spirit that would more than satisfy those fleeting, unfulfilling aspirations we so earnestly entertain throughout a good deal of our lives.

Indeed, I am truly blessed with the coming of baby #7!  He or she will add greatly to my peace of mind and spirit.  He or she, along with the other members of my Gang fulfill all of my aspirations beyond any career, fortune, or power I've had in my lifetime.  I am happy, healthy and complete.

I will be happier, healthier, and more complete when baby #7 arrives!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I just had the pleasure of finding your wonderful books! Such a unique story- but one that any child and grammy can relate to! I wish you much happiness and success with your grandchildren and future books!

    ReplyDelete