Monday, October 21, 2013

Renewing the Face of the Earth One Babe at a Time

My nephew's wife stopped by with their 6wk. old baby girl for a visit this morning.  I call Katalina my "bbf  'birthday buddy forever'" because she was born on my birthday.  How cool is that!

As Monica and I talked about how to get the baby to sleep better especially during the night, I rocked the infant and snuggled her close to my bosom.  Occasionally I'd look down at her cherub face and my heart would be filled with extreme joy. It was during those moments that I realized that I was holding one that had great  potential to renew the face of the earth. And, I thought, much like the Babe born in a manger all those many years ago, this child, too, could be a savior for the terrible troubles the world finds itself in today.

And then, another idea occurred to me.  I don't know how many infants are born each and every day, but if we could harness all the potential they possess, we could conceivably renew the face of earth in less than a century from now.  How cool is that!

The 90 minutes we spent together today lifted my spirits beyond measure. I'm getting older; I want so much more for the generations to come.  I want children to be born into a world of peace and love.  I want families to live together in harmony.  I want neighbors to work and play together for the good of everyone.  I want religion to embrace their believers as well as all others who profess different beliefs. I want education to advocate independent thinking as opposed to conformity for its own sake.
I want government to be of the people, by the people, and for the people. 

And I know all of this and so much more can happen because I looked into the face of an angel today
and realized that she, along with all of the babies being born as we speak, can and will renew the face of the earth.  How cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment