Monday, November 21, 2016

LIFE ITSELF!

I could go through a very, very long list of all that I'm thankful for in my life, but I suspect you've heard it all before. You know, family, friends, good fortune, etc. but after serious thought I'm thankful for one think in particular, LIFE ITSELF!

My life has stretched out over seventy-two years, WOW! Hard to believe I've managed to wake up 26,280 times, give or take a few, and look forward to what the day had in store. Don't get me wrong, there have been many, many occasions where I would have rather pulled the covers over my head and remained prone indefinitely. But there was always something grabbing my hand and helping me up to start all over again, and that something was life.

LIFE is that force inside of us that energizes each cell in our bodies with oxygen, blood, and nourishment. It gives us the ability to breath, move, feed, and feel. Of course all animals have these same drives, but we as humans have been blessed with powers far beyond survival mechanisms. Additionally we've received the abilities to think, make decisions, and create. And these are the attributes that make life itself worthwhile as far as I'm concerned.

Being able to think about what to make for dinner, choosing a new recipe, and then actually preparing the dish, in my humble opinion, is amazing to me! I can tell you that without being able to perform this three-step operation, my hubby would most likely be eating dog food 24/7! This is just one example of millions that make like wonderful or like I choose to say, 'full of wonder'!

When life is good, everything we see, hear, touch, smell, and feel intensifies. Our energies seem to multiply one-hundred fold, our desires to experience new things increase, and our spirits take flight!

Even when things aren't going well for us, life is what allows positive change to happen. We can research possibilities, eliminate those that aren't achievable, and design strategies that will help us to succeed. Giving in to depression only minimizes our life force and threatens our very existence.

When sitting around the dinner table surrounded by your loved ones this Thanksgiving, among all the many blessings to be grateful for, remember to be especially thankful for LIFE ITSELF, for yours and for everybody you hold dear.

love ya'll









No comments:

Post a Comment