Monday, July 25, 2016

ONE VERY OLD SOUL!

According to one of those digital tests on FB, I have a 1769 year old soul. WOW, THAT'S OLD! But after thinking about it for a bit, I think the results have some merit. I'm characterized as sincere, wise, and loyal, traits I've developed over the last 70 or so years, and only 2% clingy.


SINCERE: When I was younger, I was hesitant to tell people the truth about their faults. I'd either hedge by saying things that were only half accurate, or outright lie so as not to hurt anybody's feelings. Now I'll tell you the way I see it no matter how ugly or hurtful it might come across. I don't care who you are or how high up on the totem pole you sit. With age comes a certain frankness that allows a person to be sincere because, let's face it, one's years are numbered and there is less time for angry retaliation from those you've offended!


WISE:  Although I thought I knew everything when I was a teen, in reality I was a dumb ass! I was sure my elders didn't know squat, and pretty much defied any counsel they proffered. Of course by doing the opposite of what they suggested, I got myself in hot water thousands of times. Now that I AM THE ELDER, I'm certain all teens are the dumb asses don't know squat, and are destined to end up in Juvie if they don't smartin' up fast! By making those countless mistakes over the years as a kid, I've evolved into a wise woman whose wisdom is rarely sought out by you young dumb asses! 'LIVE AND SUFFER OR LISTEN AND LEARN,' a worthwhile new motto from a wise old lady!


LOYAL: Everybody wants to be in the 'in-group' when they're young. I started by hanging out with my cousins since we were all around the same age, lived in the same neighborhood, and attended the same school. They had my undying loyalty while growing up, but as I got older, I ditched them for the much cooler kids who didn't play by the rules, walked the walk, and talked the talk. However, when these cooler dudes got caught breaking protocol, I swore I'd never heard of them much like St. Peter did when asked if he was one of Jesus's apostles. Now I'm loyal to my family and to the not-so-many true friends I've made throughout my lifetime. I'm connected to these folks in mind, body, and spirit. I know who and what they are and still love them as they do me. I know what they're thinking without them saying anything, they look the same to me as they years ago, beautiful, and I feel their spirit no matter how many miles separate us. Our loyalty to each other is the gift that keeps on giving!


CLINGY: According to the digital test, I'm only 2% clingy now. The truth is I've never been very clingy since I came out of the womb. I was and still am a rebel. Some may say that's not a favorable trait, but I've found that doing my own thing has made me a strong, independent thinker who relies on myself to do what's best for me. From an early age, tragedy struck our family hard. However instead of making me weak and afraid, I learned to navigate life with courage and determination. There wasn't anything that was going to stop me from reaching my goals short of death! Guess what? I'm still here and plan on being around for a long, long time so get used to it. The only thing I cling to in life is life itself! I'm a fighter, but if you know me at all, that's no surprise!

ONE VERY OLD SOUL! ONE VERY YOUNG SPIRIT!





No comments:

Post a Comment