Monday, September 18, 2017

NATIONAL CHEESEBURGER DAY!

OMG! Today is National Cheeseburger Day and I've started my diet.....again! In little less than a year, my hubby and I are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary with a trip to Italy, Switzerland, and France. I need to be thinner, actually A LOT THINNER! But when I see that my favorite fast food item is being celebrated with a national holiday, how can I not join in the festivities? I absolutely love cheeseburgers!

Here's the thing, I really feel good in my own skin, that is until I see a pic of myself and am aghast at how large I look. Usually I attribute this to camera malfunction, but truthfully, I know it's malfunction of my dietary choices!

I don't understand why my weight isn't dropping. I've cut back on the amount I eat, don't nibble on snacks much, and have been drinking more water these days yet the needle on the scale doesn't budge one iota. Maybe I need a new scale, you think?

And I started exercising more regularly. I take Zumba classes twice a week, and try to walk Shadow everyday for at least 30 minutes. I probably stop 15 of those minutes to allow my dog to sniff and pee, and talk to the neighbors I bump into along the way. BUT IT'S STILL 30 MINUTES, RIGHT?

When grocery shopping, I try to select healthy foods, celery, spinach, carrots, oranges, grapes, etc. along with ice cream, cookies, and pie! The veggies and fruits are for me, the goodies, for Barry, right?  Wrong! Typically the greens get tossed before eaten, and the goodies are gone way before the next shopping trip is scheduled.

So today is the day, National Cheeseburger celebration or not! I'm going to stick to my diet despite the temptations that confront me at every turn. Oh, hell, who do I think I'm kidding!

I'm not one to get all upset over what others think or say about me, but I do take heed about what I think and say about myself. At this time in my life, I'm comfortable with who I am, what I've accomplished, and unless I see a pic of myself, really like the way I look! If I don't lose an ounce before next August, I'll be fine with that, I'll just limit myself to pics of the people and places we visit during our upcoming European vacation.

OR I'LL BE IN TONS OF PICS THAT I PERSONALLY PHOTO SHOP!

HAPPY NATIONAL CHEESEBURGER DAY! Enjoy, life is way to short to deny oneself the simple pleasures of melted cheese, a beef patty, lettuce, tomato, and that special sauce!



No comments:

Post a Comment