Monday, April 1, 2013

Down with processed sugar!

Today is the Monday after Easter.  My brain is muddled beyond belief.  I don't know what else to attribute this dysfunction to except the sugary junk I inhaled this past weekend.  Usually I'm a clear-thinking, wise old broad who goes about life in an organized, decisive fashion.  Today I'm still in my pajamas at 1:01pm and don't have a clue as to what I'll do for the rest of the day.  Maybe read, clean out a closet, walk the dog, nap.... I can't seem to choose or even move for that matter.

I have read that processed sugar is bad for you.  I've been told countless times by my older daughter about the negative effects it has on the brain.  She begs me not to give her children sugar in any form.  Up until this moment, I've always thought her to be obsessive in this regard.  But now I'm thinking she might be on to something.

So listen up!  I know processed sugar is in just about everything we eat. The best we can do is limit the amount of packaged food we ingest per day.  Try eating fruits and vegetables that contain natural sugars more often.  Find creative ways to present them so you and your children will become addicted to what's healthy as opposed to what isn't.

I know you've heard this a gazillion times; I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.  But judging from the way I feel today, I'm concerned about the children going to school after a breakfast of donuts and soda.  Imagine the confusion going on in their little brains.  No wonder their reading comprehension skills are so low.  How can they deal with mathematical equations when their thought processes are so jumbled.  They can't, and through no fault of their own I might add.

Seriously, even though I feel like I have a hang-over without ever imbibing any alcohol, the negativity of the sugar effect is real.  I got a wake-up call today that can't be ignored.  Rethink what you and your children are eating these days. It could very well be the first step in changing the rest of your lives in a very positive way.

Down with processed sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment