Monday, January 6, 2014

Smartest, Bestest Person In The Whole Wide World!

My daughter called in a panic last night.  As she and her hubby and their three boys were eating dinner, the oldest, Liam, asked what that stuff was that God got when He came to Earth.  "Something like frankin-something, I forget," he said. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Liam.  Do you mean Frankenstein?" she offered.

"No, Mommy, you know that stuff they gave God when he was born."

"Let's call, Papap, he'll know.  He knows everything about religion," my daughter assured him.

The phone rang, and rang, and rang before my husband finally answered it.  "Ah-huh, huh?" he said.
"I don't know.  Here, Grammy, it's for you."

"Hello, what's up?  What?  I think he means 'frankincense.'  Remember, the three kings who brought frankincense, myrrh, and gold to the Baby Jesus?"

But before my daughter could even reply, I heard Liam in the background yell, "Yeah, frankincense, that's what I'm talkin' about!"

"I don't have a clue about anything called frankincense," reiterated my befuddled daughter.

Then I heard Liam again. "Mommy, I told you Grammy was the smartest, smartest, bestest, person in the whole wide world.  She knows everything!  Why would you ask Papap when it's Grammy who knows everything. Even I know that," was his final comment. 

Smart boy, that Liam.  On his way to becoming the second smartest person in the whole wide world!
And certainly, the BESTEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment