Monday, February 1, 2016

Git, Get, Forgot, Forget!

My nine-year-old grandson, Liam, called me last night, talking so fast at first I couldn't understand a word he was saying. After a minute or two he settled down and told me he, his brother, Beckham and his dad were writing a story called, 'Git, Get, Forgot, Forget!' He was anxious to read it to me to see what I thought. As Liam read this unusually titled tale, I couldn't help but swell with pride. Being an author myself, I would be ecstatic if one of my seven grandchildren followed in my footsteps.

Then he asked me if their story was good. Honestly let's just say it needed a whole lot of work, but telling him that was not an option. I had to come up with some positive comments. I asked him if it was a picture book with illustrations or just text. He told me he was doing the illustrations on Etch-A-Sketch. Oh, boy, I had to think fast.

I explained that maybe they should work just on the text until it was exactly as they wanted it, and then try drawing illustrations that give life to their words. After explaining what I meant by that, he told me he had to hang up because Beckham and Dad needed him.

Don't you just love the exhuberance of youth! Liam is so excited about their project, and totally believes in it. He figures that once they've finished, their book will be published and purchased by everybody in the universe. I guess he's like all author, since we believe our works are second to none, and definitely worthy of the world's praise.

I don't know about you, but I intend to be the first person to purchase 'Git, Get, Forgot, Forget!' I plan to read it from cover to cover at least 1000 times! I probably will buy as many copies and distribute them to everyone I know! After all, Liam and Beckham are my grandsons and I will do anything in my power to help them become best-selling authors!

Am I dreaming? If I am, I hope this dream really does come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment