Saturday, August 18, 2012

yard sales

It's that time of year again.  Yard sales are in full swing.  Our neighborhood has an annual August sale with about 200 houses participating.  That's an awful lot of opportunity to find treasures of a lifetime!  As soon as I finish here, armed with $10 in currency, I'll be off to seek my fortune.  My standards are extremely low so just about anything halfway wearable, functional , or usable is a distinct possibility for purchase.  Along the way, a cup of coffee, donut, or a hot sausage sandwich is always in the picture.  A lot of my time will be spent talking with friends and neighbors about everything under the sun none of which is even remoting associated with the wares they are offering.
I know I'll come home with at least a few finds, mostly children's stuff for the grandkids.  In my humble opinion, the day will have been extremely productive; food, friends, and finds!  Happy treasurer-hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment