Saturday, August 4, 2012

Wanted: Grammys to blog about life with

I'm looking for grammys to share their life experiences with.  We've lived long enough to know a few things about navigating this world's turbulent waters and our insights can have remarkable bearing on those we love.  Having lost my mom six years ago, I now realize there are so many things we never talked about and I really wish we had.  Everyday something pops into my head and I know my mom would be able to shed light on the topic, but sadly she's gone and so is my chance to know. 

We think there will always be time for such stories later on down the road.  Well, time is of the essence now; we've got to make the most of it while we still can.  I want my children and grandchildren to know as much about my life as I can tell them, good, bad, or indifferent.  This way they will see me as a real person instead of an ideal they have of what a "grammy" should be.  I've made tons of mistakes along the way and by letting them know that, they will learn to accept their faux pas as just an avenue for making better choices next time.  I also want them to know of my successes as well and how I achieved them.  It takes perseverence and a certain amount of guts to reach any goal; being a little crazy helps, too!  I've wasted opportunities as well.  I have regrets.

Let's get together and not be afraid to reveal who we really are.  I think both ourselves and our families might just be impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment